Friday, October 07, 2005

Finished but not a lot done

Today is finally over. I start the day without a table saw. The barring locked up on it. I didn't realize how important this one tool can be in the shop. Yesterday I had a new barring shipped overnight. UPS arrived about eight this morning. Unfortunately I watch them drive off behind a locked front door. So I started my morning by disassembling the saw. Nothing else to do. I ran into problems there too. I tried for hours to break the bolt loose that holds the barring. I didn't actually try for hours, most of the time was spent finding tools, buying tools, and running around in circles. I finally got it off by taking half the saw apart and taking the hole thing to an auto shop.. They used an impact wrench. Helps to have the right tools. Anyway I did get some work done. I build a maple bookcase. Check it out on my web site www.wwbeds.com. Click on the current projects link

No comments: