Saturday, January 20, 2007

Special Edition




I just finished building another Special Edition baseball bed. This was a fun bed to build. It was ordered for a professional baseball player for the Angels, Kelvim Escobar. His designer placed the original order and Kelvim filled in the stats with his information and faxed the forms back to us.

This bed is based on our Special Edition version with a few modifications. For one, this will be the first one that we put both drawer and trundle under the bed. We also stained the wood a Special Walnut color from Minwax. Staining the headboard, I think, works out better than painting the letter black. We may make this the new standard.

The desk was a nice addition to the group. I did a distressing technique on the top. I first used a white undercoater to give it a white base; then I used a special walnut glaze to antique it a little. I did a little simulated worn look on the corners to make it look well used.

No comments: