Monday, February 04, 2008

Combination Loft


This is a loft that I completed on 1/24/2008. It is made from all pine and includes a desk, bookcase, chest and trundle. It also has a pass through on the back side that can be used for storage or a “club house”.

One of the large end panels I did something different. I didn’t want to use solid pine because it needed strength and I didn’t think the solid would hold up and that would have been a lot of gluing. If I used a plywood, I’d have to edge band or add trim along the edge. The edge band would be too square and the molding would have alter the design the customer saw on my original. What I did was to use a MDF core pine panel. I cut the end panels, like normal, rounded it over with a router and after it was stained and finished , the edge looked great. I got the idea from a door I saw on some cabinets a while back.

No comments: