Friday, January 02, 2009

My Girls Beds

This is a couple Murphy beds that were completed 12-23-2008. I built them for my two daughters. I designed it to cover an entire wall. The two beds are separated by a desk with shelves. Each of the beds and the desk all have a three stage touch sensor lights for reading or to be used as a night light. The lights over the bed I added a mercury switch to shut the lights off when the bed is in the up position.


I finished it in just a natural maple with two coats of pre-cat lacquer to match a chest and a converted changing table that I built before.

I gave this to them on Christmas but were not able to install them until New Years day. We also painted the room Tinkerbell Green.

Here are some more pictures: (Put you mouse on the picture for a discription)


Girls Room
Beds Open
Beds Closed
This is a chest I gave my oldest daughter when she gave up her changing table. Built 4 years ago.
A changing table built for my oldest daughter and then passed down to the youngest. Built 8 years ago.
Lizzy talking on the phone when she should have been putting her stuff up.
When she wasn't on the phone she was hiding her locker.

No comments: