Saturday, January 24, 2009

Basketball Bed

This is a new design of mine. It wasn’t order by a customer. I just wanted see what we could come up with for basketball, since we’ve had the baseball bed for so long. It is real similar to the Baseball bed in that it uses the same headboard pattern, side rails, and post. I didn’t put anything on top of the post, like the bats for the baseball bed. I did have some mini basketball knobs I thought about topping the post with, but they were too small and looked out of place.

It has a customizable headboard and footboard. The child can pick their stadium name, the player’s name and number, the score, and the name and number on the footboard.


I finished this bed in a flat black lacquer and a burgundy lacquer that I had left over from another job. I really like the paint scheme so I might standardize the color combination for this bed. I may tweak the color a little to match the burgundy drawer in the nightstand and chest.


Here are some more pictures
Headboard
Footboard
Cutting out parts for both baseball and basketball beds.





For more building pictures see my Current Projects link at wwbeds.com or poggyskids.com. See what we are doing live:




-- Check out the video live from our shop. http://wwbeds.com/



No comments: